Doors open at 6:15 pm.
Event starts at 6:30pm ( approx 60 minutes ) followed by drinks
Powell Tuck Associates Studio, 6 Stamford Brook Road, W6 0XH London
The Kagi Project and Powell Tuck Associates present a talk and a performance evening to provide insights of THE鍵KEY: Francesca Le Lohé 's new work inspired by Junichiro Tanizaki’s book of the same title ‘The Key’ (1956). THE鍵KEY is a modern English / Japanese, site-specific music event performed in private houses in Tokyo and London this summer.
During the talk we will explore how performing in a private house changes the experience of the audience and crosses the boundaries of public and private spaces. We will also experience a fragment of the performance adapted specifically to be presented in our studio.
- Francesca Le Lohe – composer and director of THE鍵KEY, living and working in Japan
- Bill Bankes-Jones – Artistic Director and founder of Tête a Tête Opera Festival,
- Angus Shepherd, one of the directors of Powell Tuck Associates. Angus is hosting THE鍵KEY in his house later this year.
Others involved in the project:
- Akiko Yanagisawa: Executive producer ( Mu:arts /Azuki Foundation)
- Asia Grzybowska, Associate at Powell Tuck Associates
- Production and dramaturgical support by Whole Hog Theatre, Alexandra Rutter
* This event is part of the Japan-UK Season of Culture 2019-2020
Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)